My Life at WashU – An Introduction

Hi everyone!  

My name is Alex and I’m a current student at WashU. I’m a rising senior in the Olin Business School with a double major in Marketing and English (with a creative writing concentration). I’m originally from St. Louis, and I’m super excited to share my WashU experiences with you all!

Outside of class, I’m currently working as a summer intern with the Admissions Department, which has been an awesome experience so far. I love talking about WashU and showing prospective students and families our amazing campus.  Additionally, I’m part of our club water polo team.  In my spare time, I love reading, listening to music, watching movies, and spending time with my family and friends.

I’m really excited to start my senior year and share all that I’ve learned (and am still learning!) about life at WashU, our campus, and just being a college student in general. There’s definitely a lot of things that I wish I had known before beginning my journey into college, whether it was where to eat on campus, what college students do outside of class, or how to do my own laundry. I’m hoping that I can pass at least a few of those tidbits on to some of you reading this (though I’m not too sure if I can really help with the laundry thing).  

Anyway, that’s all for now, but I look forward to sharing what I’m up to throughout the summer!  

– Alex