Rachel Miller portrait

Meet a New Blogger

Hello, reader!

My name’s Rachel and it’s wonderful to meet you! You’ll see my name pop up a few times this summer on our blog, so let me take a moment to introduce myself. I’m a rising junior at WashU, and I’ll be working this summer as an intern for Undergraduate Admissions. My hometown is Baltimore, MD, though St. Louis feels more and more like a second home each day. I’m a Political Science major, and I am pursuing minors in both History and Business of Social Impact. During my time as a student, I’ve enjoyed following my interests inside the classroom and out. I am a proud former Washington University Student Associate (WUSA). In this role, I got to know 18 first-year students during their transition to the University and see first-hand their impact on our campus as they settled in. Along the way, WUSAs help provide a few resources and support to help the first-year students find their place on campus. I currently am the Communications Director for WashU College Democrats, and will be a tour guide starting this fall! I also interned on a political campaign in Missouri last summer and fall, and look forward to getting more involved in the St. Louis community during the next two years. I’ve loved my time at WashU, and can’t wait to share my favorite moments and resources on the blog!