Charlie

Introducing a new blogger!

Hi everyone! I’m looking forward to this being the first of many post as part of the WashU360 blogging team!

My name is Charlie and I’m currently a rising junior in McKelvey School of Engineering, majoring in Computer Science, with a minor in Economics (undecided on the track) in the College of Arts & Sciences! I have called Wales home for the last 21 years, but after moving over 4000 miles to St. Louis for college, it’s safe to say I now consider here home, too!

Throughout my 2 years at WashU so far, I have become involved with TEDxWUSTL as part of the executive logistics team, the Women and Non-Binary Multicultural Association (WNMA) as part of the fundraising committee, and Women in Computer Science (WiCS). I also really enjoy being able to interact with as many new people as possible so I love my work as a Teaching Assistant, an International Orientation Leader, and now an Undergraduate Admissions Intern!

If I’m not busy doing one of the above, you’ll catch me biking around Forest Park, grabbing dinner with my friends on the Loop or hammocking somewhere around campus! My favorite part about being around campus is seeing all the dogs! It definitely is the highlight of my day being able to pet them all.

Going into my third year, I’m excited to be able to share my experiences in St. Louis and at WashU with you all! I really do love calling WashU home and I look forward to sharing that love with you all (hopefully in the form of some useful tips and tricks, too)!