The New Normal- Managing Campus Life during COVID

To say that COVID has changed every aspect of life, would simply be an understatement.

In this year alone, students have faced a sudden eviction from campus dorms, lack of adequate learning resources, and an ongoing social justice revolution all while fighting COVID, the deadly virus that took the world by surprise.

For students who returned to campus for the Fall 2020 semester, it has been an experience far different from previous ones. With most of my classes being online (1 in-person), learning has been quite difficult for me. Whether the professor provides video lectures or readings, nothing quite compares to the traditional learning experience. However, I am slowly trying to adapt to this new normal as best as I can.

Besides academics, I am excited to reunite with my friends. Companionship is an essential part of mental health, and I am glad to say that returning to campus helps mine. Whenever I need some air, I like to skateboard around campus and just take in the beautiful view. Whenever I want to treat myself, Ibby’s steak dinner is just a walk away. After I eat heavy, I usually go burn some calories at Sumers Recreational Center. The most important thing about this is that I feel safe doing so. With the consistent COVID tests and guidelines, I know that safety is the priority here. Hopefully, that is the priority for everyone else here as well, and we are able to finish the year together on campus.