Autumn Leaves Frozen in Time

It’s been long overdue, but after my heart to heart letter with Snow last school year, I have unfortunately loss the desire to build a snowman as of late. However, I figured I’d take this awkward time between winter and spring to reminisce on the passing of the Autumn Leaves.

Dear Autumn Leaves,

In hindsight winter’s a good time to stay in and cuddle, but perhaps I want more time in the sun. So, here in this disordinant St. Louis weather, I have staged before you an impromptu photo shoot that falls slightly short of your grace.

I had talked of this moment for ages, had even dreamt of it in my sleep. However, the moment that you, in the shape of green-yellow fans, would fall from those sturdy, gingko trees was completely unbeknownst to me. I was unaware, ill-prepared, and could only appear as I am. Yet your arms were spread wide, and in them I rest my head in peace.

The changing from evergreen to soft yellows and vibrant reds was a captivating sight to see, and I relished in the glow that you brought to campus. Now, I’m sorry to have to say goodbye to that warmth and let it go.  But in the spring I’ll welcome you once again to new life.

Sincerely,

A’Daja