Questions Worth Answering

Hi, I’m A’Daja, English major, and you’re reading WashU 360 blogs! [attempts to draw the bear logo in mid-air…fails miserably]

*cough* Okay, I know, I know, I’ve been a bit M.I.A. lately, and my new intro—although adorable—probably won’t make up for missed time. However, I am back and better than ever, and I figured instead of giving you an overview of my boring summer, I’d answer some commonly asked questions I’ve received from pretty much everyone I’ve come in contact with since being back on campus.

So, without further ado, let’s get back to the show!

What did you do over the summer?

Nothing…absolutely nothing. I slept, ate, and lounged on the couch for a large majority of it. Until, my mother basically told me to get a job…and then, I proceeded to lounge some more and somehow got a job in the process. Yes, that’s right, you’re looking at an independent, responsible young woman…who still relies fully on her parents. *crickets chirping*

Moving on…

How was move-in?

Warm, sunny, and busy. With the help of my mom and dad I was able to move all my stuff in smoothly, but saying goodbye never gets any easier.

What classes are you taking this semester?

Intro to Film Studies, A History of Black Theater, Korean Civilization, English Lit: Modern Texts and Contexts, and…there’s one more I think…oh, right, Psych Stats.

Seems like no correlation right? Wrong…ok, maybe a teensy weensy little bit right.

What’s your favorite class so far?

That’s a hard question…although, I find myself relating both Film Studies and Black Theater to my love for storytelling. So, I’d most likely say one of those.

What’s your social life looking like?

Non-existent. What’d we expect?

Okay, I’m kind of joking. I’ve actually been focusing on joining more organizations this year. I’ll get back to you on specifics later.

What are you doing for Fall Break?

Wait…that’s already a thing? And it’s in the next couple of weeks? Interesting…well, in that case, I’ll most likely be catching up on sleep.

And last question, that all you may be wondering…or not

Do you not love Disney anymore? You haven’t posted any blogs lately with Disney quotes sprinkled throughout them…

And to that I say, have no fear the Disney quoting master is here! Plus, I’ve expanded my collection of quotes from just films to television shows, too. So be prepared for a whole new world waiting just around the riverbend!