Nice to Meet You!

To The Wonderful Person Reading This:

Hi!

It’s nice to meet you! My name is Allana Thompson. I am a current sophomore at Wash U pursuing Animation through a Studio Art/Communication Design major and a minor in Korean Language and Culture!        

I was born and raised on the south side of Chicago, Illinois, which is only a 4-hour drive from St. Louis. I have never lived in a different city before, so new experience of St. Louis was one of the deciding factors of me attending Wash U.

Here at Wash U outside of classes, I am an Ervin scholar, Sam Fox Peer Mentor, a PL4Y (dance group) attendee, overnight student host, and member of Blackapella. Finally, some of my interests and little fun facts about me, I guess. To list a few things, I like anime, Kpop, kdrama, and have been drawing digitally since 2009.

So now you may be thinking, “That’s a lot of information and it’s wonderful to meet you, but what kind of stuff will you be showing me?” Well, my friend, there’s a lot to look forward to. Some things I want to write about on this blog will be about my experience choosing and applying to Wash U, my friends, social life, and emotional experience on campus, my middle-class minority experience on campus, and some journal entries about campus life, my interests, and personal yet relevant topics others may be interested in.

Every letter I write will be for you, addressed to you, and here to help you. While showing you my wonderful and unique experience on campus, I want to introduce you to new ideas, experiences, and possibilities. I’m overjoyed that I get to share things with you from now on! As well as consuming my content, I highly encourage you to read to entries of the other writers here on Wash U 360. If you’ve read this far, thank you so so much for reading! I’ll be in touch again soon. 🙂

Much love,

Your Friend

Allana Thompson