Nice to Meet You!

Hello! As is the nature of introductions in college, here are some basic facts about myself: my name is Yanny, I’m a first-year student in the College of Arts & Sciences, and I’m from New York City. 

I haven’t declared a major yet so I’m excited to explore the myriad of fascinating courses WashU has to offer! I’m particularly interested in the humanities and social sciences. 

In my free time, I like to read, write, take photos, and explore new places with my friends. I have a blog (steamedegg.blog) where I write about my experiences as an Asian-American feminist. You can probably find me admiring art in a museum, reading in the library or a cafe, or wandering around with a camera attached to my hand. 

My favorite authors are Min Jin Lee and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; I love both books by Lee and my favorite book of Adichie’s is Americanah. I also love watching stand-up comedy specials and crime shows on Netflix. 

I’m looking forward to exploring WashU and St. Louis and sharing my experiences with you!