Living On-Campus

I have lived on-campus for the past 3 years, and I was fortunate enough to be placed on-campus for my last year as well. The only time I didn’t live on-campus while being at school was over last summer, when I was doing research. During that time, I lived on Kingsbury — around a 15-minute walk from campus, in a very nice neighborhood in between WashU and Delmar Loop.

A random picture of Kingsbury Blvd. that I did not take … but no pictures do the in-person beauty justice, anyway! 

During my freshman and sophomore years, I lived in the same building. My first year, I lived in Koenig — the castle-like underclassman dorm at the corner of the South 40. Every time I would tell my fellow classmates that I had been assigned there, they’d sigh wistfully. “What a great dorm location,” they’d say. My sophomore year, when I moved right down the hall to the second-year portion of the building (Liggett), I couldn’t have been more content. Indeed, Koenig/Liggett was located right next to the Bear’s Den (our South 40 cafeteria) and extremely close to main campus.

Liggett/Koenig — half of my college years were spent here~

This year, I lived in Lopata House in the Village — the upperclassmen dorms. The rooms, suites, halls — everything is absolutely massive. I don’t think I’ve ever felt more comfortable living somewhere that wasn’t my room back at home. I have to admit that I’m a little sad to be leaving Lopata next year (back to the South 40 for me — thanks to a future suitemate who does some Student Technology Services work in the dorms) … but I definitely appreciated my time here.

Definitely one of my favorite residential halls at WashU 🙂

One thing I can say about WashU: I’ve never slept better. Maybe it’s the safehaven atmosphere of living amongst my friends. Maybe it’s the abnormally-comfy Tempurpedic mattresses. Or maybe I just love to knock out in my room after a long day. Whatever it is, I’m thankful for the school that has finally gotten me to appreciate sleep.

I am not responsible for taking any of the photos portrayed on this blog post. Credits go to their rightful owners!