This is Real, This is ME!

Hi everyone! My name is Dani and I’m so happy that you’ve stumbled across WashU’s 360 blogs. This is the place where I hope to share the incredible experiences I’ve had thus far during my time on campus.

I was born and raised in South Florida, and yes, I do live near the beach. Due to living in the metropolitan equivalent of a marshland, coming to the Midwest was a huge adjustment for me. I’ve had the most amazing time watching the leaves change and making snow angels in the winter.

My friend Megan, a fellow Floridian, and I had the best time experiencing true autumn.

I’m currently a freshman here at WashU. I plan on double majoring in Psychology and Anthropology with a minor in Child Studies. However, one area that has really hooked my interest is aging. After taking the “When I’m 64” class last semester, I’ve found myself interested in learning the changing psychological processes when you reach older adulthood. In order to learn more, I’m actually beginning as a Research Assistant in the Geropsychology Lab this spring semester.

Although I love older adults, I also love kids. I’m involved in the Each One Teach One program as well; this organization pairs WashU undergrads with children at a local elementary school. We help the students grow in their basic math and reading abilities and create genuine connections with them too. After being a camp counselor, having the ability to interact with children in an academic way has been extremely rewarding.

The St. Louis Art Museum is one of my favorite places in the area. Here’s to 4 visits and counting!

There are so many things to do on campus so after winter break I tried finding other activities that sparked my interest. In addition to joining a sorority, I decided to get involved in Adopt a Grandparent, an organization that allows students to connect with the elderly. However, the best part about being away from home is the opportunity to explore St. Louis and try new things. I am so excited to begin blogging and to share my adventures!