Down the Rabbit Hole of Rocky Horror?

I stood right at the front of the closed doors. Surrounded by the slight murmur of conversation. A line of people gathered behind me, anxiously waiting.

I pull my phone from where it hides, tucked away into my back pocket. The time is 7:59.

Just one…minute…left.

One more minute until I’m confronted with the the act of attending a WashU’s production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I’ve never actually watched a full fledged version of it, but I’ve seen enough bits and pieces to know that it’s not really my cup of tea.

I’m a bit shocked at my predicament, although sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

However, to my misfortune a friend of mine had dragged me to Edison theater, so I had no choice but to feign just a little bit of enthusiasm.

Who am I kidding? Maybe I was a little…intrigued. This would be my first time attending a play since stepping foot on campus. I would be crazy not to wonder what was in store.

8:00 pm

Curioser and Curioser.

The doors swing open and I step back, the door narrowly missing my face.

I hand the person standing in one of the three doorways my free student ticket (also another reason I was okay with spending the next hour and a half sitting in a dark room with complete strangers as we watched college students in fishnets put on a musical performance).

I collapse into my seat and wait.

An actress appears from the crowd and embarks on a musical solo, followed by the opening of a curtain. The show commences.

I laugh…A LOT. I also realize that maybe Rocky Horror isn’t as bad as I previously thought. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still definitely out of the box, but I guess that’s what makes it so appealing. I’m not saying I’m officially a megafan, but it’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.