If WashU is your first choice – and we hope it is – we strongly encourage you to apply Early Decision (ED)! More information about applying ED is available on our website.
Lexi, a current junior at WashU, says she knew ED was for her after she visited the campus multiple times, “each time discovering another facet of the school that made it feel so inviting and exciting.” Learn more about Lexi and why her choice to apply to WashU was the most rewarding decision of her life.
Here are a few other reasons why applying ED might be for you:
- Over 40 percent of this fall’s entering first-year students were admitted through Early Decision.
- We received approximately 1,850 ED applications last year and offered admission to 42 percent of the applicant pool, compared to approximately 29,500 Regular Decision applicants who were admitted at a rate of 13 percent.
- As with Regular Decision, we are committed to meeting 100 percent of demonstrated financial need for all students admitted during the Early Decision period.
WashU also offers an Early Decision II (EDII) round with a later deadline.
- Early Decision I – November 1, 2018
- Early Decision II – January 2, 201
- Regular Decision – January 2, 2019