Dedicated to My Best Friends

Today is the first day of Spring Break, and after a long week of midterms, I’m looking forward to lounging around with my pup. I will also most definitely be using this week to catch-up on sleep, my summer internship search, and various appointments.

But, in my own self-interest, I told myself I wasn’t going to do anything productive on my first day back. It seemed like a good idea, but after two hours of walking in circles around my house, I got bored. So, I began looking up study abroad programs, because the applications for them opened up last week. I plan on studying abroad in the Spring of my junior year, and especially because I stayed in my hometown for college, I am REALLY excited to try exploring a new place.

As a political science major, there are about a million options open for me. So far in my little research, I am most excited about Prague. But there’s a lot of nostalgia to go along with this decision. Claire and Eva, my two suite mates and my best friends in the whole world are also going abroad. Claire wants to go to Dublin, and Eva is applying for a program in Madrid.

The three of us are practically inseparable. Leaving them for Spring break was an emotional experience, so I can’t imagine spending a whole semester in different countries as them. I am positive that we will visit each other, but still, that is much different than being able to walk five steps and crawl into their beds to watch TV with them.

Claire and Eva are the funniest, most caring, loyal, supportive, and entertaining individuals I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. We compliment each other so well. While we all have similar senses of humor, we differ greatly in our back grounds and interests so it’s truly the best of both worlds. We’ve definitely all become better people through our friendship. The two of them have made my WashU experience what it is, and I cannot thank them enough for all they have done for me in the past year and a half.

Don’t get me wrong, I am still thrilled to have the opportunity to study abroad, but the prospect made me realize how much I am going to miss my suite mates and every body else back at WashU. This post is hereby dedicated to Claire and Eva.