But You Can Call Me J-Monay: Introduction

There are just too many people out there named Jessie, Jess or Jessica. I needed a more specific nickname. As much as I’d like to pretend it was naturally produced, I 100% admit that I picked it for myself one day. It works with my name though, J standing for Jessie and Monay relating to my last name: Rich. Also I’m a fan of rap and it has a hip-hop type of connotation.

J-Monay is my username for most social media sites, my license plate, and I even went the very extra step of putting it in the soles of my shoes. I’m fond of the nickname, so please feel free to think of me as J-Monay.

Besides my name, important facets of my life include school, family, and friends. At WashU, I am taking a variety of classes to help me find which academic path I am most excited about. Currently, I am choosing between a major in Political Science and Psychology, with a minor in writing. Creative writing classes have been the most enjoyable classes for me thus far. By way of extra curricular activities, I play for the club softball team, I am a member of a sorority, and I am planning to write and edit for a new media publication titled “The River.” I hope to become more and more involved with the WashU community as I progress through college.

My family means the world to me. I have 8 siblings. More than anybody else, these people have shaped me into who I am today and they are the 8 funniest people I’ve ever met. I also have two nephews and one niece who are the cutest babies to ever bless this planet, don’t @ me. I have my parents to thank for supporting me in every way imaginable and providing a basis for my personality and values. And I can’t leave out my pups, Rosie and Cody, for endless happiness.

Last, but certainly not least, I must mention my friends. I am never more myself than when I’m hanging around with my closest friends. While I’m slightly more on the introverted side, I almost always prefer company over solitude.

Thank you for reading this far and learning a bit about me! I hope you enjoy my posts!

-Jessie “J-Monay” Rich