1,005.8 miles later…

Hey guys!

My name is Chris, and I’m currently a sophomore majoring Classics and minoring in Data Science and the Humanities & Psychology in the College of Arts and Sciences here at WashU. I am also working on pursuing an accelerated program in the Olin Business School to earn a Masters in either Business Administration or Business Analytics. When I’m not reading Homer or Sappho or some other two-thousand-year-old text, you can find me hanging out with my friends, going for runs around campus, or watching Riverdale (again) in my common room. A little more than a year ago, I left the mid-sized suburban city of Stamford, Connecticut behind and found a new home here at the wonderful Washington University in St. Louis, and I couldn’t be happier!

Brookings during the Debate!

When I decided to spend the next four years of my life at WashU, I don’t really know what I was expecting. What I do know, however, is that my journey so far has been nothing short of memorable, awe-inspiring, and transformative. In just my first year alone, I discovered an intense love for ancient history, tried Middle Eastern food for the first time, took selfies from atop the Arch, saw Jason Derulo perform live for WILD, attended lectures from some of the top professors in their respective fields, met some of my best friends, and learned to (roughly) speak in Attic Greek.

Brookings Quad!

WashU has presented me a cornucopia of amazing opportunities. On campus, I am an admissions blogger for WashU360 (the very blog you’re reading right now!), a Washington University Student Associate for Danforth 3 (go Walri!), a student-worker for the Classics Department, and the Brotherhood Chair and Personal & Professional Development Chair for Alpha Phi Omega, a national co-ed service fraternity.

Making the 1005.8-mile journey to WashU has been absolutely phenomenal, and I can’t wait to share all my experiences with you all, the readers!