“This is real, this is me…”

“I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be, now” (aka at Wash U in St. Louis for the entire summer!!) — did anyone catch that Camp Rock (circa 2008) reference?

Anyways…

Hi, I’m Emma! I am a rising junior in the College of Arts and Sciences pursuing a major in Psychological and Brain Sciences and a second major in Marketing in the Olin School of Business. I was born in Naperville, Illinois (Go Bears!) but was raised in Maple Grove, a northwestern suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota (Go Wild!). My friends here in St. Louis don’t let me forget that apparently, I pronounce some words (most notably “bags”) with a very heavy Minnesotan accent… I don’t quite agree! Also, apparently it’s “Duck Duck Goose” not “Duck Duck Gray Duck?” This comes as news to me…

As for my extracurricular involvements, there are admittedly probably a few too many thanks to the activities fair my first semester at Wash U and my desire to always (yes, always) have something scheduled on my color coded iCalendar. For starters, I was heavily involved in Congress of the South 40, the programming body for the underclassman residential area here on campus, for the first half of my college career. In addition, after struggling to survive living over five hundred miles away from two of my best friends, my cat Boots and my sixteen pound, long-haired Chihuahua, Leo, I signed up for one of the many Campus Y programs, W.A.G.S (Working so Animals Get Support) which allowed me to volunteer at both a cat and a dog shelter in St. Louis (could it get any better?). Furthermore, I am a tutor with City Faces,  a coordinator for the 2017 Leadership Through Service pre-orientation program (shameless plug: you should all sign up!!), hold a leadership position in my Greek organization, and work at the Sumers Recreation Center. I guess you could say I like to stay busy!

This summer, I am excited to be working as an intern with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. That means, I get to serve as a student blogger for the summer. I’m looking forward to sharing some of my experiences, insights, and favorite things about Wash U and St. Louis with you all!