Just A Brief Introduction

Hi guys! My name is Emily, and I’m from St. Charles, MO. For anyone not from St. Louis, St. Charles is pretty much a hop, skip, and a jump west across the Missouri River. I am a rising sophomore in the College in Arts & Sciences, and although I’m technically undecided, I’m interested in PNP and computer science.

Outside of academics, I’m a tour guide for WashU, I’m involved in Greek life, and I’ve spent some time on the club tennis team. I’m also working to create a Girls Who Code group on campus that will focus on helping middle and high school girls learn how to code. This summer, I’m working as an intern in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. While it might sound crazy, I’m super pumped to work with prospective students and talk to them about college in general. Maybe it’s because I remember being really nervous about applications and choosing a college, but I really love getting to answer students’ questions and concerns.

While I’m here as a student, my goal is to really get to know the city of St. Louis and to utilize as many of WashU’s vast resources as humanly possible. It’ll be a challenge, for sure, but I’ll try to keep you guys updated this summer about how that’s going.

Speaking of which, possible blog topics may or may not include what it’s like creating a new student group, arranging one-on-one meetings with professors, contemplating life and career plans, and whatever adventures that I might end up going on in the next three months. Of course, if I have any epiphanies about life in college, I’ll be sure to let you guys know about that too.

And that’s that. I’m no expert in writing or finishing blog posts, so I’ve made this haiku for you guys. I’m looking forward to seeing what this summer holds!

My name? Emily.
I’m really bad at haiku.
Please enjoy my blog.