Hi Everyone!

Hello, loyal readers! It’s so nice to meet you! I’m Simone, a rising senior in the College of Arts and Sciences. This summer, I am working as an intern in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and writing for this blog. Three years ago I arrived on campus completely undecided, but now I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Film and Media Studies and Children’s Studies. I am interested in working in mental health or education, but I also really love film and pop culture. When I am not in the classroom or the library, I am involved in psychology research, community service, Greek life, tour guiding and an incredible women’s leadership conference called OWN IT. About a month ago I returned from a semester studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark, so expect to hear a lot more about that soon.

I’m originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, but WashU and St. Louis have really become my home. WashU means so much to me because, through my experiences in the classroom, in campus student groups, and in the St. Louis community, I have found my passions and my people. The genuine curiosity and excitement of the friends and mentors I interact with everyday pushes me to be the best version of myself.  (Also, the food and the tempurpedic mattresses are pretty great.)

If I am not on campus, you can probably find me at Ices Plain and Fancy or John’s Donuts, my two favorite places in St. Louis. I am so excited to share my experiences and my summer with you!