Hello. Yes, this is my life.

Hi everyone!  My name is Shosh, and I’m a rising Junior from the northwest suburbs of Chicago.  I am studying History and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.  When I entered college, I knew I wanted to pursue a degree in history; however, I had never even heard of women, gender, or sexuality studies.  As I looked through the course catalogue in November of my Freshman year, I found titles that jumped out at me.  They all fell into the Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies major.  So, I took two of those classes and fell in love with Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.

Outside of class, I dance on a nationally competitive Bollywood dance team!  We perform every year in Diwali and compete throughout the school year.   I have been a member of Chaahat (the Bollywood dance team) since September of my freshman year.  This past year we placed second at Jazba, a competition, and won best girls!  I am also a member of Delta Gamma.  My pledge family (featured above) are a. my best friends, b. scattered around the U.S. for the summer, and c. master finders of hysterical buzzfeed articles.  Each year, Delta Gamma participates in Thurtene Carnival; this past year I was a member of the production team.  Within the past three years we have won two Burmeisters (the overall winner) and best production!

This summer, I am interning in the admissions office!  I’m loving St. Louis and all that it has to offer over the summer.  You’ll be getting recaps of all sorts of different theatrical productions that I plan on attending, the best stands at a farmer’s market, and perhaps even the weirdest place I do yoga.  Until next time!