So culture, much impressive

So last weekend was another wonderful performance, by the Performing Arts Department this time. I had never been before but I knew that my suite mate from last year would be performing and I wanted to be there to support her. My overall opinion of the show was that it was amazing. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who has some free time and $5 to spare. There were 10 or more dances and all of the performers really put their heart and soul into their performances. The music was great too; I kept the program just so I could have something to reference for later if I ever wanted to find some of the songs they chose.

20150409_202513[1]

This picture is from one of the dances, which actually featured in one of the earlier cultural shows that I mentioned in my last post: Black Anthology. They performed to Glory by Common and John Legend – my all-time favorite song for a good month after I watched Selma – and killed it on stage. I had already seen it at Black Anthology and I was still blown away.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get a picture of my old suite mate’s dance – I was too busy screaming my head off and making faces at her whenever she glanced my way – but I enjoyed every minute of it and felt that it was $5 well spent. As a freshman I wasn’t very involved in that many official WashU activities. That’s definitely changed now that I’m a sophomore – I feel like I went from 0 to 100 so quick I got whiplash – and even though I like all of the things that I’m doing this year, I think that the performances and shows that I go to are definitely some of the most rewarding. If you decide to come to WashU, my biggest piece of advice is to go to as many events as you can, free or not. It’ll change your college experience for the better!

What I’m listening to right now: Apparently by J. Cole