Cherry Tree Café

In BD (Bear’s Den), there are so many options for food! My favorite place to get desserts is Cherry Tree.

In Cherry Tree, you can get so many kinds of food, from small bakery items to crepes late at night (p.s., if you haven’t read my crepes post yet, check it out here: https://360.wustl.edu/2015/04/lets-eat-crepes/).

There are also a breakfast bar for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, comfort meals for dinner, and multiple drink options (like chai latte’s!).

Cherry Tree’s hours of operation are:

Monday- Thursday, 7:30 a.m.- 2:00 a.m.

Friday, 7:30 a.m.- 3:00 a.m.

Saturday, 8:30 a.m.- 3:00 a.m.

Sunday, 8:30 a.m.- 1:00 a.m.

(the hours change during holidays*)

The bakery items also switch around throughout the weeks. For example, there were mini-cannoli’s earlier on this week! Most mornings, I usually just get a small hot tea and a sesame bagel.

There are many options for hot tea; the ones I can name on the top of my head right now are Golden Chai, Chinese Breakfast, and Jasmine Green (I get these three most often too). Of course, you can always say you want a large hot tea…but It’ll probably be too much water for one bag of tea, haha.

For bagels, there is also a “bagel slicer” machine and “bagel toaster” machine on a side table across the room. Students can toast their bagels and then slice it before putting on cream cheese. I usually just slice it, put on cream cheese, and take it to-go as I walk to my morning class.

Being the foodie I am, I awkwardly took some pictures of the bakery section of Cherry Tree earlier on today. I did get some awkward looks from students while I did so… they probably thought I was a tourist! Oh the things I do for some yummy Wash U desserts.

Don’t they look so yummy?

IMG_0039“less healthy” food vs. healthy food 

There is a detailed menu on the Dining Service’s website. It lists the most common food options from most dining areas on campus. Here is the link to Cherry Tree’s page: http://www.menus.wustl.edu/shortmenu.asp?sNa.m.e=Dining+Services&locationNum=01

One last thing I would like to add is how awesome the Dining Services is with sustainability. Being a part of SSF (Student Sustainability Fund) on campus, I pay special attention to the recycling and composting bins in the Cherry Tree area.

Dining Services managed to not only provide students with Eco-to-go boxes, but also compostable cups! This is great news!

Below is part of the “About” page description I found most interesting (from the Dining Services’ page):

“The goal of Dining Services is to provide you with a wide range of options that will fuel your body and mind and an atmosphere that is friendly, welcoming and conducive to interaction with your fellow students, faculty and staff.

Our dining services partner for over 13 years, Bon Appétit Management Company is committed to providing you with fresh, high quality food that is produced in a sustainable manner. Bon Appétit is nationally recognized as a leader in college dining. Our menus offer diverse cuisines from around the world, and our chefs and staff are accustomed to meeting special dietary needs, including kosher, halal, vegetarian and allergen-free options.

Sustainability is essential to our activities at Washington University in St. Louis. Integrating sustainable practices into every part of our process, we ensure that our food and beverages are ethically sourced, our waste is sustainably disposed and our carbon footprint is minimal. Learn more about our sustainability initiatives.”

Check out the description here: https://diningservices.wustl.edu/about/

~ Nancy <3