Hi, I’m Nancy!

Hi everyone! My name is Nancy. I am so excited to be one of the new bloggers for WUSTL 360! I am currently majoring in International and Area Studies (with a concentration in Global Cultural Studies) and minoring in Music.

I was born in Lanzhou, China, but grew up internationally in a couple of countries. Before moving to the United States for high school, I lived in Kuwait for seven years! In the U.S., I went to a small private school with only eight graduating seniors—Columbia Independent School in Columbia, Missouri. The summer before senior year, I attended the Pre-Medical Institute at Washington University and applied Early Decision here. Now here I am!

I wanted to go to a university where I can take a diverse range of classes as well as continue performing music. I play the piano and violin, and I am currently in four different music ensembles here on campus and play violin—the Washington University Symphony Orchestra (Social Chair), a Chamber String Quartet, the Washington University Pops Orchestra (Co-Concertmistress and Secretary), and the Carnivorous Strings.

10930172_10205230110985400_7738482183771026334_n

Here is a picture of me and my violin!

Aside from music, I am also in the Asian American Association (Secretary), Student Sustainability Fund (Committee Representative), Kappa Delta Sorority (Community Service Mini-Chair), a Washington University Ambassador, and an Overnight Welcome Leader. There are so many different activities that you can join!

During my free time, I like to compose music and visit different restaurants all over St. Louis. I also love binge watching episodes on Netflix.

I hope you enjoy my blog posts!

~Nancy