Hello!

Hey, guys! I’m Sophie, your friendly neighborhood history nerd, and I am psyched to be joining the WUSTL 360 writing team.

As a freshman in the College of Arts & Sciences, I love studying everything from international human rights and foreign affairs to education and writing. Currently a history major, I am considering focusing my academic track on genocide studies.

A life-long club soccer player, I have been lucky to continue my career with the WUSTL Women’s Club Soccer Team, a fantastic group of girls who play good, competitive soccer. Last weekend, I became a fully initiated member of Chi Omega—one of eight sororities on campus. And this semester, I have begun exploring Model UN as well as Academic Team. With incredible friends and professors supporting me along the way, I have been able to pursue a variety of interests in extracurriculars that are challenging as well as fun.

Apart from clubs and Greek life, I have gotten involved with some of the community service organizations on campus. First semester, I joined the Each One Teach One team as a reading tutor; this semester, I decided to share my skills through Habitat for Humanity. Opting to spend my Spring Break laying the foundation for a new, energy-efficient house, I road-tripped to Tahlequah, Oklahoma with fourteen other WashU students, where we met some incredible people, saw a bit more of our country, and learned about the Cherokee Nation.

Building a toolshed in Tahlequah

Building a toolshed in Tahlequah. I’m  standing on the left ladder.

When I am not busy with schoolwork, clubs, and sports, I love to relax with my floor mates (typically over a delicious meal), spend a few hours on the Loop, or read outside on the Swamp.

I look forward to sharing my stories with you all!