The Nicest Day of the Year?

Today, November 3rd, the temperature hovered between 55 and 70 degrees. The sky was clear and the sun was shining. Leaves were still on the trees, and students were frolicking in the grass, enjoying the wonderful weather. What a day.

Rather than just rave about it, I’m going to show you. Below is a picture of my friend Evan studying on a bench outside of the library. I encourage you to click on it to see the full-size version so you can see all the details I point out. Evan and I studied there for a few hours until the sun went down. Amazingly, we got a strong WiFi signal outside, so we were able to get a lot of work done. Notice, in the picture, that the student biking past is staring at me. Don’t worry, he didn’t crash. Behind him, a few students are playing spike ball. Nestled between the trees in the background, students are lounging in hammocks, while some are laying out in the grass. Behind them, on the left side of the photo, (between the spike ball players, some people are throwing a frisbee on Mudd Field.  If you look up “college bliss” in the dictionary, you’ll find a picture a lot like this one.

Not a bad study spot, huh?

Not a bad study spot, huh?