Salt and Smoke

[Spoiler alert: Salt and Smoke is the name of a restaurant, not some new recreational activity that all the WUSTL students are doing these days. ]

In case I wasn’t spoiled enough, things in St. Louis just got even better.

Tonight, after weeks and weeks of anticipation, I finally made it out to Salt and Smoke, the newest restaurant on the Loop. The restaurant is a ten minute walk from the Olin Library in the middle of campus. As a barbeque fan, it is a wonderful thing that I now have a BBQ place within walking distance at all times.  If I ever skip class, you’ll probably be able to find me at Salt and Smoke.

I had promised a friend that I wouldn’t go without her, and it has taken us until the third week of school to make it out here. The hype is unbelievable; I took a quick poll of my last class today which was met with eager, hungry looks, along with more recommendations than I can remember. In case you want to drool over the menu, here is a link to it.

One of the best parts about Salt and Smoke is that you can get combo platters, called the “Bestie Combo.” It didn’t take much convincing to get me to order a Bestie with four different types of meat: chicken, pulled pork, brisket, and ribs. What a wonderful introduction. I was blown away. I forgot to mention the roll; I don’t know what it is called, but it was the most scrumptious thing I’ve ever eaten.

The Bestie with ribs, brisket, pork and chicken