Picnic on Art Hill!!!

Image

As I’ve mentioned many times before on this blog, one of my most valuable experiences thus far on Wash U’s campus has been being a WUSA. As a WUSA, we plan off-campus activities once a semester for the freshman on the floor we are assigned to. We started off the year on my floor, Dardick 2, with a visit to the park and we decided the best way to end it would be to revisit that experience and see how much more comfortable everyone is with each other and how far everyone has come in their first year here at WashU. So that’s exactly what we did!

The weather has been improving fairly continuously (except for the random twenty-minute snowfall in the middle of April) and my co-SA and I picked a beautiful Sunday to take our floor to Art Hill, which is one of the most picturesque spots around St. Louis. Thankfully, the weather held up and we bought a bunch of snacks before heading to the park.

Image

It was a wonderful experience! We had a very chill day listening to music, talking while we ate, and playing soccer among other things. We were even visited by our lovely Dardick dog, Hundley, who belongs to the Wayman Crow Residential College Director Luke! It has been such a great experience being a WUSA and it has really helped me become more confident in my abilities as a leader. Moreover, it has been wonderful seeing the freshman come into their own and really find their place on campus, but still maintaining a strong connection with their freshman floor. I’m so excited to hear all that they do with the remaining of their college careers, and how they pay it forward and help the next incoming class find their place on campus in whatever way they choose to. Congratulations to all the freshman for making it through their first year, and we are so so excited to welcome a whole new class of freshman this fall!!

Image