Food Diaries – Half & Half

My suitemates and I decided that the right way to start this new semester and year was to spend some quality bonding time during the first weekend back in St. Louis. And what better thing to bond over than our love for food? We decided to check out a restaurant called ‘Half & Half” in neighboring Clayton district. It’s a quaint brunch place with a wide variety of both breakfast and lunch options. Not to mention a stellar coffee menu.

Image

It’s a pretty popular restaurant and we ended up having a wait time of about a half hour. Luckily for us, it’s located on a street with a number of little art stores and we found that the time passed fairly quickly as we browsed through those. However, the heavy wind and snow made us very thankful for when we were finally seated.

It was well worth the wait. The hot chocolate and coffee were outstanding as was the actual brunch. I decided to go with the breakfast theme and opted for a delicious brioche French toast, while some of my suitemates went for the lunch options. All of us were definitely satisfied with the food and coffee and will be hopefully returning soon! It’s definitely one of my favorite restaurants so far in St. Louis, and a mere 7-10 minute drive from campus!

Image

Image