Food Diaries – Crepes etc.

I might have just found heaven on earth. Or at least something pretty close. Crepes etc. is a small French-style restaurant in the heart of the Central West End in St. Louis that serves a variety of breakfast and lunch crepes, along with other winter staples such as hot chocolate and coffee. I’ve already been there twice this year, and can’t believe it took me a whole year of being in the city before discovering it!

I went with some of my friends the first time around, but took my family there with me most recently when they visited over Thanksgiving break. Being the kind of person that sticks to the classics when it comes to crepes, I ordered a chocolate-covered strawberries and crème crepe that definitely exceeded expectations. It was hands-down a great choice for a breakfast-for-lunch item.

Strawberries and Creme Crepe

Strawberries and Creme Crepe

Other specialties that my family found especially delicious included the 5-layer meringue crepe, the banana crepe, and the Nutella crepe. I alluded to this before, but they also make the best hot chocolate I’ve ever tasted. It is perfect for this wintry weather and comes topped off with the biggest marshmallow I have ever seen. Just in case you aren’t impressed yet, they also have savory crepes for those of you without a sweet tooth, as well as other breakfast staples like scrambled eggs and French omelets. It’s definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in the St. Louis area!

Hot chocolateee

Hot chocolateee