Oh, the Lunches You’ll Have!

Hello,

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday week; I wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! In the spirit of eating extreme amounts of delicious food, I thought I’d write about some of my favorite lunchtime experiences.

The mac & cheese from our on-campus restaurant, Ibby's, is my favorite food on campus!

The mac & cheese from our on-campus restaurant, Ibby’s, is my favorite food on campus!

#1: Ibby’s

I take every opportunity I get to go to Ibby’s! It is our on-campus bistro serving up entrees including gnocchi, delicious salads, savory pastas, and more. The conversations I’ve shared over lunches here have made the dining experience sublime. Just last week, I shared potato soup and lasagna with a newly elected Rhodes scholar, where we discussed marginalization of minority groups and the role of urban design in development.¬†Two days ago, I went to lunch with a dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and a fellow student to discuss attending the United Nations Conference entitled the World Urban Forum this Spring.

These conversations are a norm for Washington University students. The opportunity to share excellent conversation over delicious food is a staple of the WashU experience. If you come and visit campus, eating at Ibby’s is a must!

I have a constant internal competition to see how beautiful my taco salad can be! This is one of my proudest.

#2: Taco Salad in Paradise

One of the dining stations in our main campus center (the DUC) serves up a variety of Mexican food. One sunny Sunday afternoon, a friend and I shared this piece of art (picture above) on the central quad near Brookings Hall. The lunch marked the end of a successful Model United Nations conference we hosted for high school students from around the country.

Lunches are just a small part of what makes WashU the perfect place to attend University. I hope you come and experience a quintessential WashU lunch for yourself!