Those Big Lecture Classes

This past week has been extremely busy for me, with extra-curriculars and major exams having me running from classes to meeting to prolonged study sessions in the library. I just had a biology exam and it counts for a large part of my grade in the class, so needless to say, I was spent much of my time studying (and worrying about!) biology. One of my absolute favorite things about larger lecture classes at WashU (like introductory bio) is that they are recorded. This proved very useful this past week as I looked through my notes and realized that some (okay, a lot) of the concepts weren’t as clear to me as they should have been. But all I had to do was log onto my student account and I had instant access to all the lectures given this past semester that I could re-watch to clear up certain concepts that I needed more time with than was spent in class. I really like this aspect of larger lecture classes, where you can still work at your own pace and go back and review concepts without being lost if you don’t understand it the first time.

Image

It sure is a helpful transition from a small high school where I could just ask the teachers to repeat concepts in class that I didn’t understand the first time around. The fact that I can re-watch lectures at any time after the class at a time that is convenient for me is a huge perk. I usually prefer to sit in my room, but it was a gorgeous day and I couldn’t resist the perfect views of this gorgeous campus in the fall from the Danforth University Center.