Food Diaries – Charlie Gitto’s on the Hill

Charlie Gitto's on the Hill

Charlie Gitto’s on the Hill

As promised, I’ve continued my food adventures around St. Louis to report back about some of the most delicious food I’ve ever eaten, and this restaurant is now one of my absolute favorite Italian places I’ve ever been to. This restaurant, Charlie Gitto’s, is located in the Hill, which is home to the Italian section of the city. The neighborhood itself is adorable the Italian-ness is apparent, especially by the flags attacked to the light poles everywhere on the Hill.

Katie and Jodie at dinner

Katie and Jodie at dinner

The ambiance of this restaurant is absolutely wonderful. It seemed to me like it was a house converted into a restaurant, which gives it a very homey feel. My friends and I happened to be seated outdoors, which was absolutely wonderful as the outdoor seating was in the backyard with quaint little tables topped with umbrellas and gorgeous plants and string lights to add to the appeal of the place.

But nothing impressed me as much as the food itself. My friends and I made the mistake of stuffing ourselves with bread, which was also wonderful, but regretted it instantly when we discovered how wonderful the main courses were. And once I heard chocolate cake was on the menu, I absolutely could not leave without dessert. Needless to say, there were a lot of take-out boxes from that night. I’d definitely recommend this restaurant for all the Italian food lovers visiting or living in St. Louis.

Italian foooood

Italian foooood

CAKE!

CAKE!