Food Diaries – Mai Lee

WashU is known to have some of the best on-campus food, both in terms of taste and options. But there’s a huge food culture in St. Louis, that I didn’t really begin to explore until most of the way through my freshman year. Since food is obviously something everyone can relate to, I’m going to try documenting my experiences at all the different places around St. Louis I go to and try to show you guys some of my favorite restaurants around the city. First up is a lovely little restaurant I recently visited called Mai Lee, located in the Brentwood area.

Mai Lee Restaurant

Mai Lee Restaurant

My friends and I had decided to make a Target run and being the hungry college kids we are, stopped at the Vietnamese restaurant beforehand. Best decision ever. We were seated within minutes, but were really lucky to get there before the rush hit (it seems to be a pretty popular restaurant!). The food was well worth it. The waiter was pleasant, the atmosphere was great, and it was a fun time. I ended up getting a rice and coconut-milk based curry, and it is definitely going on my list of favorite foods.

Yummy food

Yummy food

It’s a great restaurant, and I would highly recommend it!

Chris and Katie cheesin' at the restaurant

Chris and Katie cheesin’ at the restaurant