Who’s Bad? You’re Bad!

South40 Class

South40 Class

The South 40 Fitness Center is accessible to WashU students and faculty alike. It is conveniently located on the second floor of the South Forty House in the South 40 (the heart of residential life for freshmen and sophomores) directly above the main cafeteria. Not only do they have a gym complete with treadmills, spinning machines, stationary bikes, weights, mats, and much more, but they also offer group classes! So far, I have taken a few yoga classes and just yesterday I took my first kickboxing class. They also offer a variety of other aerobics/dance classes, mind-body focused classes, strength and toning classes, as well as spinning classes.

Lynda led the kickboxing class I attended just yesterday and she was unbelievable. As she cranked the Michael Jackson remixes louder she began our class. Her energy was so high that she pumped up the entire room of 30 female undergraduates within seconds! She had us jumping, kicking, and punching for a full forty-five minutes. She knew all the words to all the songs she was playing and at one point even quoted MJ to me as she marched by singing, “Who’s Bad?! YOU’RE Bad!” It was a full body work out, and it’s definitely something I plan on incorporating into my weekly schedule.