April 27, 2012

WILD, aka Walk In Lay Down: The most popular bi-annual concert on campus. The name originally started because students would bring their sofas into the quad and watch the concert from them. Though that specific tradition did not withstand the test of time, the concert itself did indeed!

WILD is a concert enjoyed by students, faculty, and for a small fee – the public as well. Each year the WILD committee, Team 31, works to hire a big-name artist to entertain the community. A variety of featured bands, before they became wildly famous have played at the concert ranging from The Black Keys, Ben Folds, Edward Sharpe, Major Lazer, and the Black Eyed Peas, to Mike Posner last semester and Fitz and the Tantrums this past Spring semester.

But enough about WILD, gosh, I was mainly focused on the fact that it was my 19th birthday! I’ve got to give a quick shout out to all of my friends and family who made my birthday absolutely amazing. Thank you! I love all of you, so much.

A note on cake: Quickly, I should recommend to all parents, and students tell your parents, to order a birthday cake from Bear Necessities, a non-profit gift store on campus operated by the Women’s Society of WashU! I will attach a photo of the one my parents ordered me (with an attached balloon from the sis <3), because it was beautiful and practically fed my whole floor after the concert!